I owe thanks to various sources for the compilation of stories, parables, and similes on this blog.
Please consider exploring the sources further as many have so much to offer an interested mind.
The list is as follows:
- The Buddhist suttas
- Access to Insight
- Thanh, Minh. “Thus Have I Heard: Buddhist Parables and Stories.”
- Once Upon a Time: A collection of Buddhist stories
- A View on Buddism
- Ashida Kim – Collection of Koans
- Zen Stories to Tell Your Neighbours
- Wisdom Library
- Thich Nhat Hanh. “How to Love”
- The Collection of Stone and Sand, including the Shaseki shū stories.
- Jack Kornfield’s story archive
- Metta forest monastery talks
- Insight Meditation Centre talks
- Spirit Rock talks
- Bodhinyana Monastery talks
- Tzu Chi Foundation
(The images I use are public domain images with either unlimited use or non-commercial use licences. If I’ve accidently used an image you own, or you know is copyrighted, please contact me so I can remove it.)